Pennisetum clandestinum ‘KIK203’
Kenda (Pennisetum clandestinum ‘KIK203’) is a fast establishing form of kikuyu turf. Kenda has excellent wear tolerance and is the fastest recovery turf available, making it the perfect choice for active kids and energetic dogs. It is winter active, meaning in most parts of Western Australia you can have a dark green lawn all year round. Kenda was bred to be predominantly male sterile, meaning it is less likely to produce seed, therefore better for allergy sufferers. Compared to other kikuyu, Kenda has four times as many rhizomes, and more vigorous stolons making it a great choice for commercial use.
True Blue Turf is the only supplier of Kenda Kikuyu in the south west of Australia.
- Kenda will grow well on most soil types, even performing better on poor soils than other kikuyu.
- Has good disease tolerance.
- Grows dense and vigorously enough to make it hard for weeds to invade.
- Bred to be male sterile, meaning it is less likely to produce seed, helping to alleviate allergies.
- Kenda has the quickest recovery rate, and is the hardest wearing turf available in Australia.
- It is great for sunny home lawns that require the ultimate in wear recovery.
- Recommended for pathways and heavy foot traffic areas.
- Easy to control with Roundup (Glyphosate).