Wintergreen (Cynodon dactylon) is an attractive emerald green hybrid couch lawn with a soft formal appearance and a fine leaf texture. It is a deep-rooted lawn with a smooth, soft, but hard wearing surface. This hybrid-couch is a hardy all-round turf for a durable home lawn or hard wearing sports surface.
- Wintergreen can be mowed with a rotary mower, but has better results with a reel mower.
- Requires de-thatching every second or third year.
- Wintergreen is only suited for full sun areas.
- Wintergreen has a fine leaf structure for that bowling green look.
- Maintains a good winter colour with adequate maintenance. Has a tendency to go dormant during winter.
- When grown in full sun, Wintergreen has a medium wear tolerance.